Required for January 2019: a world class full-time accompanist to work with pupils at The Yehudi Menuhin School.
The role will include:
- Attending string instrumental lessons with pupils
- Working with pupils in rehearsals
- Playing with students at internal concerts, auditions, public concerts and competitions
- Playing at auditions of prospective pupils
Daily schedules are arranged with the other accompanists and the Director of Music. Concerts are generally outside normal school hours, so accompanists are expected to work flexible hours and to travel sometimes with pupils for auditions, concerts and competitions.
- Exceptional stylistic flexibility
- Extensive knowledge of the strings repertoire
- International experience
- Proven ability to accompany at top level competitions at short notice
- Committed to the ethos of The Yehudi Menuhin School
- Outstanding sight-reading ability
- Exceptional qualities as a coach
The salary will be in the range of £30,000 - £32,000 per annum.
The closing date is Sunday 16 September 2018. The School reserves the right to interview and appoint before this date, if suitable candidates present themselves.
Please note that a CV without the School’s completed application form will not be considered.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Kitchen Porter (40 hours per week)
The School requires support in a busy kitchen providing three meals a day to the 86 pupils plus 50 members of staff including morning and afternoon snacks.
As a Kitchen Porter you can expect to:
- Help setting breakfast up in the morning and clearing up afterwards, lunch and supper.
- Help morning Chef with food deliveries and storing away
- Keep store rooms clean and tidy.
- Do some food preparation with the Chefs.
- Wash saucepans, chinaware, glassware, cutlery, kitchen utensils using industrial dishwasher.
- Clean the kitchen floor, surfaces and equipment.
- Maintain good hygiene throughout the washing areas.
- Remove rubbish/non-essential waste
Hours of work: 40 hours over three and half days a week, Monday to Thursday or Thursday to Sunday. 7.00hrs to 19.30hrs with 3 half hour breaks and 7.00hrs to 15.00 hrs on the half day with 1 half hour break.
There is no public transport to the School, so candidates must be able to drive or cycle to the School.
Rate of Pay: £9.00/hr.
The School operates all year round, so this is a full time position.
This is post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Applications must be made using the School's own application form at the bottom of this page. Completed applications forms should be sent to Simon Browning, Bursar, The Yehudi Menuhin School, Stoke d'Abernon, Surrey KT11 3QQ or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is Monday 3 September 2018. The School reserves the right to interview and appoint before this date, if suitable candidates present themselves.
The School's standard application form can be found by clicking here (pdf) or here (Word). Please note that all applications must be made using this application form. CVs without a completed application form will not be considered. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.