School Nurse/Matron (30 hours per week)
For September 2018 we are looking for a qualified, experienced, enthusiastic nurse to run the School's health centre and to assist the Houseparents in the day-to-day care of the pupils. Applicants should have excellent communication skills, demonstrate flexibility and initiative, be fully committed to the School's ethos and have a love of music. Further details can be found in the detailed job description.
The post is part-time 30 hours per week term time only. It could be combined with the role of Assistant Houseparent of one of the residential houses, taking a full part in the life of the School. Accommodation may therefore be available for the suitable candidate.
Salary will be within the range of Band 6 (RCN pay scale) according to previous experience.
Applications must be made using the School's own application form at the bottom of this page. Completed applications forms should be sent to Cheryl Poole, Head's PA, The Yehudi Menuhin School, Stoke d'Abernon, Surrey KT11 3QQ or via email to email@example.com
The closing date is Friday 29 June 2018. The School reserves the right to interview and appoint before this date, if suitable candidates present themselves.
Part-Time HR Officer
The School requires a part-time HR Officer to be responsible for the provision of comprehensive support on all HR matters. Day to day duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- to ensure completion of appropriate employment and vetting checks in compliance with the current ISI (Independent Schools Inspectorate) regulations and Keeping Children Safe in Education
- to sit on interview panels as required
- to prepare contracts of employment and contract amendments
- to advise and support staff with regard to vetting checks required for visitors, volunteers and contractors
- to provide generalist HR advice, guidance and support to all staff
- to update or write job descriptions for vacant positions
- to administer the staff employee files both manually and electronically
- to provide induction support where necessary
- to be responsible for the Single Central Register, liaising with the Head's PA, Finance Director and Compliance Officer
- to manage absenteeism through absence management policy
- to review and enhance on an ongoing basis the School's HR policy and procedures in line with legislative developments.
- to update payroll amendments on a monthly basis, producing a report
- to liaise with the Accountant on payroll, resolving issues and on the annual salary review.
This is not a definitive list of duties; you will be expected to undertake such other duties as requested from time to time.
This role requires a qualified HR officer, who is proficient with Microsoft Office 365. This is a hands on role in a small friendly team for a willing person with a 'can do' attitude. Further details are available in the job description.
The closing date for applications is 9.00am 22 June 2018
Applications must be made using the School's own application form at the bottom of the page. Completed applications should be sent to Mr S Browning, The Yehudi Menuhin school, Stoke d'Abernon, Surrey KT11 3QQ or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The School's standard application form can be found by clicking here (pdf) or here (Word). Please note that all applications must be made using this application form. CVs without a completed application form will not be considered. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.