Join the Friends
The Friends are at the very heart of our community, and their support is vital to helping the School deliver a holistic musical and academic education to our pupils, in a safe and supportive environment.
Over the years, the Friends have donated thousands of pounds to the School’s Bursary Fund, as well as supporting a range of other projects to enhance our pupils’ musical life, academic studies and their day-to-day experience around the School. Friends-funded projects have ranged from laptops and gym equipment for pupils, through to a practice room in the Music Studios and a Steinway grand piano.
Lord Menuhin founded the Friends of The Yehudi Menuhin School in 1971 together with a few local supporters of the School. Since then the Friends have grown to over 750 supporters from all over the globe, offering financial assistance to the School and a warm, supportive presence at concerts.
Many of our Friends enjoy following the journey of our pupils as they progress through the School and into the wider world as professional musicians. Friends’ membership dues go towards bursaries, the Student Hardship Fund and other areas that significantly enhance the life of the pupils at the School.
“As a Friend, it is a joy to witness the progress of the students from an early age until they leave the School. Concerts given by the multinational students leaves one in no doubt that the future of classical music world-wide is safe in their hands. It is a privilege to support the School.”
- Brian & Rosemary Ealden
How do I become a Friend?
To renew or purchase a membership, please click here.
If you are unable to purchase your membership online, please download this form and return it to the School.
For assistance or more information, please contact the Development Team at 01932 584 409 or email@example.com.
Friends Membership levels (as of 1 August 2021):
UK Friend £40 / Joint Friend £75
• One-week priority booking period for YMS promoted concerts at The Menuhin Hall*
• One invitation per year to an exclusive Friends-only virtual ‘Behind-the-Scenes’ event
• Occasional invitations to pre-concert receptions at the School, with the opportunity to meet pupils and staff, including the Head and Director of Music
• Access to exclusive Friends-only events held at YMS (additional charges apply)
Best Friend £125 / Joint Best Friend £240
- • An extended two-week priority booking period for YMS promoted concerts at The Menuhin Hall
- • Three invitations per year to exclusive Friends-only virtual ‘Behind-the-Scenes’ events
- • Additional invitations to pre-concert receptions held at the School
- • Access to exclusive Friends-only events held at YMS (additional charges apply)
- • Best Friend pin badge
- • Acknowledgement in Annual Report (you can also choose to remain anonymous)